Bharatgad was built by Sawantwadikar Fond Sawat in 1680. In Masure village this fort is located.
Bharatgad’s outside wall is in dialogite condition today prominent feature of this fort is a more then 200 ft. deep well which has a carved door at the bottom. It is believed that the cave beginning from this door leads to Sindhudurg Fort. The temple and Masjid in proximity inside the fort is a symbol of Hindu and Muslim unity.